The Botanical Gardens ::
Address: 7 - 9 Dumbrava Rosie Street
Daily, between 9.00 - 16.00 (1st of November - 28th of February)
Daily, between 9.00 - 17.00 (1st of March - 10th of April)
Daily, between 9.00 - 20.00 (11th of April - 15th of May)
Daily, between 9.00 - 20.00 (16 of May - 30th of September)
Daily, between 9.00 - 18.00 (1st -30th of October)
The glass houses are closed on Mondays and Wednesdays.Tel: 0040.232.20.13.73
Founded in 1856, by the doctor and
naturalist Anastasie Fatu, a great patriot and man of culture, it is the first
botanical garden in Romania. During that time, it had several locations, but in
1963 was moved to its present headquarters, on Copou Hill.
With 100 hectares surface,
the Botanical Garden in Iasi includes the sector of green-houses (with
wonderful collections of tropical plants, cactuses, orchids and carnivorous
plants), the roses garden (with over 800 species from all over the world), a
recreational park, with a lake.
Ways to get there:
check the public transport planning and routes.