Hlincea Monastery ::
The today's church, situated at
about 3 km South-West of Cetatuia Monastery, was built by Vasile Lupu and
finished by his son, Stefanita Voda, on 20-th of November 1660. The church,
built in the Moldavian architectural style, is made of rocks and bricks. The
painting belonging to Ioan Matei was accomplished in 1660. Between 1788-1792
and 1806-1812 (when Iasi was invaded by the Russian troops), the monastery
served as military hospital.