The Association „Iasi.Travel” organizes Free Walking Tours in Iași in English language every SATURDAY at 10 AM, held by students at UAIC University of Iași.
Please hit „participate” if you come.
The meeting point is Piața Unirii / Union Square, in front of the statue of Alexandru Ioan Cuza (the founder of modern Romania).
Our walking tour typically lasts two hours and consists of a brief introduction to 10 iconic tourist sites of the historic center of Iași („the golden plateau”):
1. Union Square (with Hotel Traian) – the birthplace of Romania.
2. „14 Dec. 1989” Square (with Marriage Hall „Cantacuzino” Palace)
3. Cuza Vodă st. – an old commercial narrow street
4. Miron Costin Square (with Balș Palace, Philharmonics, former Dacia Bank and the statue)
5. National Theater „Vasile Alecsandri” (top 7 „World Theaters that Take your Breath Away” as of BBC).
6. Mitropolitan Cathedral of Moldavia (with its famous pilgrimage)
7. Iași City Hall (a former residence of Roznovanu boyard family)
8. „Art Georgies” Gallery – refined Made-In-Iași mosaic art
9. The Three Hierarchs Monastery – unique stone embroidery
10. The Palace of Culture (former Princiary Palace and headquarter of the Capital of Moldavia 1564-1862, top 10 World Most Beautiful Buildings by Night!
The tour will include recommendations for your stay in Iași (where/what to eat, drink, dance), hours of visit for many attractions, other tips. Your kind contribution to this voluntary activity, at the end of the tour, is welcome!